Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cool and Crazy Chaos at Couches!







Hang on, cancel the cool bit it was hot as buggery, but the Porter family had a most excellent time indulging in the hospitality at Couches (it helps that Spud works for Yalumba!).



Picture a hot NYE in a wicked shack with 12 adults, 15 completely overexcited kids and 2 dogs. Or don't lol, it was crazy but fun! The kids had a Hi-5 disco, hmmm Angus thinks he's John Travolta....




Alas poor Georgie had a cold and was struggling a bit NYE which probably was appreciated by my mates as they actually got to get a word in, but I did make it till midnight to see the fireworks at The Pines. It wasn't quite Sydney but certainly not as crowded on the beach. Luckily I felt better yesterday, found my drinking boots and had a great night last night with a smaller crowd of 6 adults, 7 kids and 2 dogs.




Couches is right on the beach, but I use that term loosely cos there are no waves, and the comment was made that it was like swimming in wee cos it was so warm. Charlotte borrowed a bikini and thought she was Christmas on a stick.


The only downer was not taking the boat out so I could once again prove why am called the "Squid Queen", but yesterday we were all way too hungover and today it was too windy. Never M.


So now I am back at Goolwa till I have to go back to work on Monday but I'm not even thinking about that yet!





No comments: