Monday, January 14, 2008

First Post From The Palace

This is where I live.....ok kinda just trickin', I do live here for now but it's a temporary thing. We are building a new house on our old block and in the meanwhile we are living with the outlaws, I mean inlaws. It's funny, I tell people we are rebuilding and that we are living with the inlaws and automatically get the look of fear/sympathy/disbelief in most people's eyes, but it can't be all bad when this is where you have relocated to now is it! And the outlaws love a drink and MIL smokes, it can't be a bad thing when I get home from the school run and she offers me a glass of wine....and the woman is Miss Domestic personified, washes our clothes everyday, I could deadset live off 2 pairs of undies in this joint, as well as being a master chef with amazing meals nearly every night. And this arrangement is really only Sun-Thurs, cos they go to their beach house most weekends. Bliss huh?

Well it mostly is, of course it isn't all beer and skittles but we seem to have the living together thing working well. Anyway we are at the halfway mark and will be leaving to go to our new house mid June YAY!

So this is what we bulldozed, this house had NOTHING going for it apart from the location and my endearing memory is giving it the finger (literally) as I drove away for the last time....
a>


This WAS our bedroom, home of the workbench, although neither kid was conceived in there, they just slept there and kept me awake when they were born pmsl

a>


And this is where we are at, nearly ready for the bricks......

And in closing I would like to dangle another carrot at the brilliant photographer Carrie Young, stop flying over my freakin head and take some photos here PLEASE :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well G it is great to see the progress at the new pad although if it was me I would be hoping for rain or something to slow it down. Why on earth would you want to leave? It sounds like bliss right where you are now. ;o)

Have to say too, you have really taken to this blogging thing. You've almost inspired me to start one myself.

lippy2790 said...

Well Jody informs me this afternoon that he may HAVE to come to advegas to complete a quote - I am sure he is only doing it to go and stay at the palace - and cause I can't go...#%*$

Trudi said...

Oh Id rent out the new place and stay with the outlaws!