Friday, January 4, 2008

Never Ever......#1



ever ever ever ever EVER send your hubby out to buy a new vacuum cleaner. Be warned. You too could end up with a contraption that looks more like Kel Knight's Daewoo than a vacuum.
A Tiffany vacuum cleaner - WTF?????? Who would have thought. Okay so the old Sanyo was stuffed but it looked noicer. Hubby was suitably berated for buying a piece of crap.
"But we have a Tiffany toaster"......yeah so...we bought it when we first moved in together and it's only still there cos it works.
"But it only cost $104".....yeah so.....hang on what! Well bugger me I was certain that all Tiffany electrical goods were priced at $19.99 or lower
"But you never vacuum anyway"....yeah so...buying me that piece of shite aint exactly going to make me want to actually vacuum now is it.
Welcome to It's A Porter's Life - It's a Dyson Free Zone

5 comments:

handinhandaus said...

A Tiffany?!?! I would expect Rod to do the exact same thing so you have my full sympathies! Blardy men!!

lippy2790 said...

good grief G... Does Nicko expect you to do anyhouse work at all???? Gotta laugh that he equates the 8 year old tiffany toaster with a vacuum but ;)

Trudi said...

Oh well I think he and Sam should NEVER shop together. You know there IS one model worse don't you? The $48 Homemaker. Sad but true - Dyson free and crying!!!

Georgie said...

oh what! A cheaper one? Ay karumba!
Sophie offered to send me her Dyson but since it's purple I had to decline.
I'm actually quite attached to "Kel" now, can't look at it without killing myself laughing :)

Carrie Young said...

OMG I didn't realise Tiffany had ventured beyond the kitchen counter top!
I reckon I would have gone the purple Dyson over a gold "Kel" Tiffany ;oP LOL quite Bonnie Doon really isn't it? Does it have a 2 stroke? :oP !!!!!