Thursday, May 1, 2008

New House, New Job, New Term



Ah as Mr T would say - or was it the old grey dude on the A Team "I love it when a plan comes together".
Right, so, this week I was a little bit stoked to find out I got a new job. When the decision was initally made to sell the business back in January, I had a bit of a think about what I would do next. I couldn't go past being a public servant with the great flexible hours, insane superannuation contributions etc. So mission "Georgie wants to be a public servant cos it will rock" quest began in earnest. I was going great guns for a job at the Tax Office until in a typical waste of our taxpayer money style, the position I was going for was held off until next financial year as the budget had run out and no positions would be offered until July at the earliest when it was supposed to start mid May. Crazy. The recruitment costs to do 3 hour behavioural assessments on people for a position that isn't there is just mental.
So I applied for another one with a different agency and bugger me I got it! This one starts 12th May, so bye bye libraries hello someone who pays me a salary that pays our mortgages, sweet as a nut.
Meanwhile down on the library farm, Nick has bravely committed to running that on his own, I actually think he will do really well without the interference from his lovely but impatient and dominant wife.
I've worked with Nick day in day out, popping kids out in between, for 6 and a half years. I cannot WAIT to come home so I can say "hey Nicko how was your day?" and he can say "it sucked but yeah how was yours?". Awesome.
The only downside to this job is that blardy Murphy. For months I have organised to catch up with some lovely girlies in Melboring from 16-18 May and had my flight booked months ago for 10am Friday 16th May. I could chuck a sickie but ethically I just can't. Don't worry, I'll be getting tanked on the plane and getting to our apartments as fast as that plane and taxi will carry me.
Now back to that house we are building. It's apparently about 4 weeks until we get the keys. So we have madly organised landscaping (inadvertantly copying the Watsford driveway), flooring, air conditioning, flowers and shit for the garden, and the great debate over the new vacuum cleaner.
So here it is so far, I hope I didn't choose a pink eave and green door, pretty sure that's not finished yet. And there's some fancy spires and shit to go on methinks

This is our, whoops I mean Nick's kitchen, which I must say looks completely boring and lame but once we have that nice blue splashback thing, the stainless steel stuff that cooks, cleans stuff and keeps my wine cold, and that timber flooring, I rection its gonna look a bit of alright.

As for the rugrats, Charlotte went back to school on Tuesday, she had a fantastic holiday spending lots of time with the doting grannies. Here she is out the front of the in laws place, hard to believe she's been at school since July last year and is going great guns, especially in the monkey bar department which I think is vitally important, she's a champion!


And so the Gus Man isn't left out, here's a piccie of my gorgeous boy, don't try and copy the outfit, he's dressed exclusively by "Watsford Hand Me Downs" boutique

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte has grown so much & she looks fantastic in her uniform & Angus, well he's just gorgeous x

So Bobby what's with the pink eaves & green door? You do your decorating after your 2nd bottle of the day???? Or was it the cake??? PMSL :oP

Carrie Young said...

Me thinks we need a housewarming in Adelaide soon ;o) :D
Am LOVIN' the pink eaves! Just need a red door & you will be rockin' my business colours :D :D!

Georgie said...

They breed them funny in Geraldton don't they - you pack of smartarses :P
xxx

Sussanah said...

as a fellow small business person who yearns for a public service job with sick leave, annual leave etc etc. Can I just say 'you're livin' my dream'
Hopefully when it comes to eventually selling our business I'll be able to do a similar joyful post

Kay said...

Hey Georgie, congrats on the job. As an ex-ATO employee, may I just say that you had a lucky escape! Unless, of course, you've ended up in Centrelink.....

House looks great.....did you know that our house hasn't even STARTED yet???? There are no words to express how I am feeling about this.....

lippy2790 said...

Gotta love a watsford handmedown
Cha looks fab in her blazer, and I can see myself parked at that kitchen bench with a glass of Jacob's Creek or 2

handinhandaus said...

Congrats Gergie!! I hope the new job change brings all you want it to. I don't think I would have survived a month working with Rod let alone years!!

The house is looking fab and hey pink and green is something different lol. I do remember freaking about the green undercoast and shouting to the builders but that's not what I wanted. Hmm I did go a few shades of red :)

Georgie said...

you lot make me laugh!
Kay, can't believe your house hasn't started, grrrrrr hey?
I think I'm positioned just above Centrelink lol (child support agency)
Don't worry T, I did that with our door too, I can't remember what colour we actually did choose for it, since it was March last year when we chose the colours!

Trudi said...

LOL Georgie, you got that wrong baby dontcha know the world as we know it revolves around Centrelink and the money they dish out???

CSA hey? Good for you!