Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Respect The Moose



Well this was one of the new sayings that worked it's way into my already expansive vocabulary over the weekend.
Of course we had an excellent time, and it was just brilliant to meet lots of new people whom I have only dealt with on an old internet forum, via email and the phone.
Unfortunately I missed the trip to "Little Smarties" (yes Emma, it's a kids clothing shop, or should I say THE clothing shop in Melbourne)as I was working, but from what I can gather (and from the state of the girls when I arrived Friday night) they had an amazing time. Luckily I got Jacqui to do some proxy shopping for me so I didn't feel too left out.
So here they are, they look bloody happy, I thought they'd be all sulking because I wasn't there.....


Friday night we grabbed a bite to eat and knocked off way too many bottles of French Champagne, but were up bright and earlyish for brekkie and shopping on Saturday. I sent the group on a wild goose chase for a friggin Princess Beanie Kid which we never found.
Saturday night we went to the most amazing Cocktail Lounge in the old George's building called "The Long Room". It's amazing. Can't describe it, words can't do it justice so just go there and drink cocktails. We met the moose here, and got told off by the bouncers for not respecting the moose. We all have a newfound respect for mooses now.

Then we moved on to the most brilliant restaurant, I can't remember the name but it was silver service and the food was amazing as was the company. The waiter was wonderful and thought we were fabulous of course :P



The walk home after dinner was hilarious, fortunately for Sophie what goes on tour stays on tour.
Sunday morning we had another yummo late brekkie at Blue Train Cafe at Southbank, then we all toddled off home in the afternoon.

The next photo is dedicated to mine and Jacqu's hubbies, they are convinced we are lesbian lovers so let's not dispel that myth for them just yet!!!!!!!!




Chicks, I had an absolute ball and can't wait for next year!
I could blog on for hours about the weekend but I have a nasty cold and a big day at work tomorrow so I need to tuck myself and my snotty nose into bed.
xxx

10 comments:

handinhandaus said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Get well soon!

lippy2790 said...

And what fantastic lesbians we would make (keep dreaming Nicko and Jode lol)
Gosh, the pics are great! I keep having to go back to look at them as it is certainly bringing back some great memories. It was fantastic that we were able to swing it and all come together from all around Australia. That group of ladies are some of the most special friends I know. So happy to have them in my life.

Now, where was I when the moose was involved - was I adjusting my chicken fillets???

Kaz said...

Ooh some familar faces there.Great pics G .Glad you gals had a ball and you all look fabbo.LOL @ the last pic.You look like you are loving it too Luv Kaz

Kate said...

Hey G,

What great pics, so nice to see everyone having a ball IRL!!

Miss ya :) xxx

Kate said...

BTW it's Kate-Tas above LOL.

Sophie said...

Georgie girl, lets do it again soon. Next time we WILL find that Bundy bear though. ;o)

So glad to have such a fantastic group of friends....thanks for an excellent weekend girls. xox

Trudi said...

Looks like GREAT fun girls - lets do it in Sydney in October - everyone and anyone!

handinhandaus said...

Hey, I've tagged you, check my blog :)

Tx

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Looks like you had so much fun, yes, we've been to the Long Room a few times but not for ages and yes you have to respect the moose. What a shame it was so bloody cold that weekend.
Ok little smarties is kids clothes, I never go out that way, but will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

oh ya slacker, where was my invite?
Anyway the beans have been spilled :oP
LOL j/k x