Monday, May 26, 2008

The Big Nicko is the Big 40!

We celebrated the big fella's 40th birthday with about 60 people at "Coopers Alehouse at the Earl", his brother's pub. It was brilliant! It's so great to catch up with all our mates from Nicko's school days, through rugby, new school friends, family and everything in between!
It was all going along nicely until the "Jaeger Bombs" made an appearance (for the uninitiated you drop a shot of Jagermeister into a red bull and skull it). Well let's just say we were all flying high after a few of those!
We may all be sufficiently recovered to drink alcohol for his real birthday tomorrow!
Here's some happy snaps from the night

The 3 brothers - Oliver, Julian and Nick

Motherjules looking more bedazzling than ever (my mum) with the in laws

Me, my best friend Sal and another gorgeous old friend from school Kath

And just a handful of the male talent on display :P
Nick ummed and aahed and procrastinated over having a party, so much so that in the end I just booked it for him, and I'm really glad I did, and so is he.

T, will get to that tag very soon that will be great fun and I loved yours :)

xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a great time!
Far out 40, sheesh he's an old fella now G - gonna trade him in??? rofl....happy birthday Nick!

Sue J said...

Happy birthday Nick and welcome to the dark side. DB, you must take the opportunity to mock his middle-agedness as much as possible about your mid-30's status while you can LOL Sounds like a fab night all round

Btw, while you're doing T's tag, can you PLEASE find something to replace Bucks Fizz, I'm begging you, it's doing my head in - I was appalled to find myself humming it in the car the other day! Remember that badge of mine :P
XXXXX

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Happy Birthday Nick.

You know what really freaks me out? I can remember Mum and Dad going to 40th's when we younger and thinking 'what morons', how boring would a 40th be??
What's even scarier is I'm the eldest and when my Mum turned 40 I was 19. When Craig turned 40 last year Cooper was 6&1/2 Kitty was 18 mths.

Anyway, the party looked like fun, no matter how old we get some things never change...we still have the best times with friends and alcohol!

Em

Em