Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whirlwind!


I really should be packing my bags for Melbourne (we'll get to that), but thought I'd check in to report on my first week at work.
WOW!!!! I LOVEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's full on. FULL ON. So much to learn it's crazy, lucky I'm so bloody smart. But I am learning so much, it is awesome to be back in a team work environment again, and to come home to Nick at the end of the day and have something to talk about.
I don't love the hours, but once that magical flex time kicks in it will be great. I do love the Chinese man at the shop next door to work who shakes my hand and calls me beautiful and tells me he sends messages to my head. And I love that when I went in this morning he was playing "Dancing Queen" and this afternoon he had on "Somebody to Love". Awesome.
Anyway I have my first exam in the morning but I'm sure it will be fine, I really have concentrated this week and it is open book so I am confident I will pass.
The flipside, gosh I miss spending time with my kids, I think they are feeling it just as much as me. It will settle down, as mum said tonight she worked full time when I was growing up and we all managed, once again I am so lucky to have that family support. And Nick now finally appreciates what a pain in the arse drop offs and pick ups are since he is doing all of them!
Right so back to the Melbourne trip. This was organised last year, I booked in Feb to leave tomorrow morning, Murphy conspired and I had to change my flight till tomorrow night and I am very sad I miss out on a trip to "Little Smarties" tomorrow afternoon, however I have sent my proxy shopper Jacqui to get some stuff for me.
I can't wait. Girlie weekend!!!!!!!! I get to see my gorgeous mate Jacqu again, hook up again with Kristi and Janelle, and to meet Grinder (Sue), Toni, Sophie, Rosanne, Lisa, Tracey and Kate for the very first time! Can't wait. Bring it on Jedis :)
Okay so I am really going to pack my bags now, I hope Jacq bring spares of everything I will forget pmsl.
Bye for now xxxx

4 comments:

lippy2790 said...

Fluck - me bring spares - does that include a spare bottle of Moet???
Can't wait to see you (and the rest of the girls) tomorrow hun!!! It has been way way too long between real life drinks (not virtual ones lol)

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Bl**dy hell I'm a Melbourne girl and I have no idea what 'Little smarties'is. I'm guessing kids shop??

Have a great trip, what a shame it's going to be freezing all weekend. Rug up girl, your going to need your woolies over here.

Can't wait to read all about it,

Em

Kate said...

Can't wait for some goss! I bet you all had a blast! Would've loved to catch up with you - now THAT would have been interesting!! lol

Glad to hear the job is going well - I had a chuckle when you told me what you were doing and am pleased that you are enjoying it. I need a job in the public service I have decided!

k8

Trudi said...

Knew you would love it! Flex is bloody beutifooooooooolllll