Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Craft for the Not So Crafty

Its a Porters Life is reporting in, reluctantly I might add as "Underbelly" should be on so I can learn some new sayings from Roberta Williams, but those pack of poofters (see, she has great sayings) at Channel 9 have put the lame Footy Show on instead so I'm here. And what a devastating blow as I was just feeling 'uman again too, I have had a nasty nasty bout of tonsillitis this week and am just perking up a bit today. On the bright side I think I've lost probably at least 10 kgs (give or take 9 kgs) because swallowing is just too bloody excruciatingly painful.

I'm about as creative as a dead fish but nonetheless offered to help out at Charlotte's easter craft session at school yesterday. And it was so much fun! Thankfully I didn't staple any little fingers, glue any children to a chair, and the headbands were a reasonable fit on most kid's heads with my not so precise measuring. The class went off to PE and we filled their little baskets with choccy bunnies while they were out, gullible little things truly believed the Easter Bunny had been while they were at PE :)







FINALLY this ridiculous heatwave has broken, 15 days in a row over 35 degrees. Madness. Porters are off to Goolwa tomorrow for the Easter break, can't wait!
Here's some piccies of Charlotte, who thankfully can be quite creative, must have got that from her dad.

Angus didn't miss out either, some super organised lovely mum had a face painter come in for a little boy's 4th birthday at childcare, Angus was a rainbow parrot! He looked great and refused to let me wash it off, so today he just looked green, like the Incredible Hulk. Interesting look. He got a few interesting looks at the shop today too.

3 comments:

Sue J said...

Stop complaining, we're still waiting for a pack of legal poofters to let us see a single episode over here in Melboring :P Anyway, good on ya Martha, the Easter craft is gorgy as is your Princess (blonde AND gifted, what a lethal combo), love that they believed the bunny dropped in while they were out LOL and especially LOVE the new quote of the week from your gifted son ROFLMAO ;)Looking forward to lots more Porter pearls of wisdom.

lippy2790 said...

Oh Roberta, you are just sour cause we didn't see Marcus Graeme get his gear off!

Cha's Easter craft looks fun! You should have seen the creations and the dodgy Easter hat parade I had with my kindy and Year one kids.... ho hum

Glad you are feeling better, but you need to pass on your weight loss strategy to your friends

xxx

Kaz said...

Sorry you have been crook G

I so missed Underbelly this week too.That Roberta is a crack up.We should have joined her up on MSF LOL

I helped at the preschool last year and made those same Bunny hats.We even put cotton wool on all the trees and the kids were so excited to see "evidence" that the Easter bunny really had been

Loving how you let Angus keep his face on

xoxo
Kaz