Friday, December 28, 2007

Glorious Goolwa








The Porter clan is currently enjoying its summer sojourn at our beloved Goolwa. About 5 years ago in a freakin' stroke of absolute genius we bought a block of land dirt cheap, thinking one day we would be able to afford to put a little house on it. Fortunately with house prices going nuts it came to us earlier than expected and we had our first stay when Charlotte was 15 months old.



So many fun times to be had down here - even mowing the lawns makes the Porter lads happy, the beach is 1km away, the lake, the Coorong, Victor Harbor, Murray Mouth etc all within a stone's throw, and Nick can indulge in his new passion (official title is "Windsurfing Wanker") all the time.



We plan on enjoying this joint for years and years (until Charlotte trashes it when she finishes Year 12 on Schoolies Week - and if she doesn't you can bet your butt Angus will)

5 comments:

lippy2790 said...

Oh look, there is the back deck that I got hideously sunburnt on... god I wish I was there - even if you were a little sad from the night before. Can I send my kids there for Schoolies???

handinhandaus said...

What a gorgeous place!!

Trudi said...

PMSL - now you know when they DO have schoolies there you might not be giggling bout it all.....

Kay said...

Hello Georgie! I've just come back from Goolwa....kept my eye out but didn't spot you (mind you, I didn't venture much further than Foodland....)

Georgie said...

now Jacqui I wasn't sad I was hungover, unlike yourself with that awful sinus that just happened to crop up after too many bottles of champers LOL!
And Kay - hi! Hope you had a great time :)
to T - yep it rocks and Trudi you are dead right....luckily I have 12 years before I have to stress about it!